Monday, September 12, 2011

Fall Decor

Since Labor Day weekend was rainy, I took some time to put out my fall decor. It's been so hot this summer, I'm definitely wishing for cooler days and falling leaves!

With all the home improvement projects half started around here, my dusting isn't quite as regular as my mother would hope. So, I tried to minimize the amount of "stuff" I put out.


On the upside, putting out new decorative items has really made me feel more at peace with where my house is now. Last week, everywhere I looked was another project, another thing "to do". Now, I can look at my living room and think "It's getting pretty comfy in here".


On the mantle, I have pheasant feathers from my Christmas stash in a cylinder vase. 


My burlap wreath along with some books wrapped in kraft paper.


My Ballard Designs Mercury Candlesticks with a blue pumpkin from Hobby Lobby years ago




This armoire on the opposite side of the sofa got the rest of the pheasant feathers, along with my mercury glass- look pumpkins from last year.


Now my house and I are both ready for fall, whenever it decides to get here.Where has the year gone?!? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Let me know what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails