Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Publix Party Chicken

You know last week, I said we eat a lot of chicken. It's very true, and I'm back again today with another chicken recipe. 


This one comes from my Mom, who cut it out of a Publix flyer.


Ingredients:


3 Tbsp Butter
1/4 cup flour
4 Chicken breasts
pepper
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 cups Panko bread crumbs
1 cup shredded cheese




Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 425. I recommend cutting the chicken into bite-size pieces. ( I didn't , and wish I had, so do!)


Cut the butter into pieces, and let it sit at room temperature until soft.



Put flour and pepper in a  ziploc bag, and add chicken. Shake to coat. Put the floured chicken in the dish.



In a bowl, combine the soup and mayo, and spread over the chicken.



In the butter bowl, add the Panko crumbs and cheese, and mix with a fork or your hands until it's crumbly like wet sand.  Put this on top of the sauce on the chicken.


Cover with foil and bake 10 minutes. Take the foil off and bake 10-15 more minutes until golden brown and chicken is cooked through.


 I served this with steamed asparagus, but Publix recommends broccoli salad. I'm sure any green veggie would be great, or even just a good salad. 



Overall, it was a very yummy dish that reminded me of poppyseed chicken. It definitely made me feel Southern to be eating chicken with cream of soup, mayo, and cheese. 

 Leftovers kept well in the fridge, and I'm sure it would also freeze well to be cooked later.  Best of all, it came together quickly and was made from mostly pantry ingredients. I had everything but the chicken in my fridge from other things I've made/ make. 
I hope you make this and enjoy!  

Recipe source: Publix.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Let me know what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails