Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Progress on the Stairs

If you remember, back in Feburary I  pulled up all the carpet on the stairs in my house. I'm finally getting around to finishing that project, starting with painting all the railings.

Before, they were stained and painted, and drove me nuts! I'm big on things matching, and this stain didn't go with ANY of the other wood tones in the house- furniture or hardwood floors!

I washed everything down to begin, then used my sanding sealer to rough the surface and prepare it for paint. 

After it dried, two coats of Zinnzer primer


Then two coats of  Semi gloss white paint (the color straight from the can)


A HUGE improvement!

Now, on to the rest of the stairs and the stairwell walls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Let me know what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails