Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Mis-tint Paint Challenge

I have an idea. Call me crazy, but wouldn't it be interesting to see what you could create if you had to use a surprise mis-tint paint in your house? I think I'm watching too much reality TV. I was starting to prime the dining room floor, determined to use up what I had, when I got to thinking about oops paint.

Here's what I'm thinking:

Get someone you know to go grab the first can of mis-tint interior paint they can find. No looking at the color, and you don't get to be in the store. Once you get it, you have to incorporate it into your home. Maybe it's a gallon and you paint the powder room. Maybe it's a test sample, and you create custom artwork or paint a chair.  No matter what, you have to use it in your home.

source

I think it'd be a challenge to my creativity- to grow as a designer by using a "surprise ingredient" that you may not even personally like at the beginning. How can I incorporate this ingredient into my home, and make it something I will love.

Who's with me? Any takers? Is this an interesting idea, or am I totally insane?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fun? and scary? and well um, you do it first then I will see! lol ;)

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Let me know what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails