Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Buffalo blue cheese chicken

My friend Kristen and I both eat a lot of chicken. I'm pretty sure one of these days I'm going to start clucking. So I'm always looking for new ways to fix chicken that are quick, easy, and healthy.

Who doesn't love buffalo wings? I definitely do, and this wraps up all those flavors. 

To start, you will need:
Chicken breasts
Laughing Cow Blue Cheese Wedges
Hot Sauce ( I prefer Frank's)

Cut a slit into the side of your chicken, making a pocket for your cheese. Do not cut all the way through!


Unwrap a cheese wedge, and combine it with hot sauce to taste. You can add some cream cheese to make it creamier and melt better. I didn't and wish I had. Stuff this inside your chicken's pocket.

Close with toothpicks. That way all the cheesy goodness will stay inside.

Brush more hot sauce on top of the chicken.  You can definitely coat the chicken breasts with panko bread crumbs if you want a crunchy "fried" tasting outside. 

Bake at 350 until done, 20-25 minutes. 

Enjoy!


Overall, it was really yummy, and tasted like a hot wing with blue cheese. I definitely would add cream cheese if i made it again to make it cheeseier and melt better. I also think panko on top would make a great complement to the melty cheese. 

Thanks to Kristen for the recipe idea!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Let me know what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails