Monday, January 10, 2011

Yay for Snow Days!

This is what I woke up to this morning!



Yes, I live in Atlanta. So I get REALLY excited when it snows just a little bit. And when I go to bed with this:

I get super-duper excited!


I called Mom last night, about 9:45, to share my excitement. After she woke up enough to realize I was happy and not in trouble, she told me I sounded JUST like I did when I was a kid and school was cancelled.

Well, duh! 4" of snow means a day off work. Another "Saturday" to stay home and play with projects! And I was productive!

Alex was a fan too! He loves the cold weather, but gets confused by the snow on his back. He'll come back inside, and shake shake shake. Then run around like a hooligan all hyped up on sugar. It was so funny to watch!


It looks like I won't be able to get to work tomorrow either. The road out of my neighborhood and the main road to the highway haven't been touched by sand, salt, or plow as of 6 pm. Which I found out when walking to the drugstore on the corner to hopefully get some milk. I just wanted milk for tomato soup and snow cream!
I walked a half a mile, in the snow, while it was sleeting, to the store. I wasn't about to walk the mile it was going to take to get to the grocery- there's a big hill and we're already getting ice! I wasn't about to drive- as Mom said "You don't make more than your insurance deductible in a day!"  But I bundled up and passed the walk talking to my sister.  Only to get to the store and find out they're closed.  Story of my life.
Luckily, I found a can of evaporated milk WAY in the back of my pantry. Hopefully it's still good and I won't get sick!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Let me know what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails