Monday, January 3, 2011

Goals for 2011

Happy New Year everyone!

Now that the celebrating of the holidays is finished, I've been putting away the decorations and taking stock of the things I want to accomplish this year.  I've never been much for resolutions or goals, but hopefully sharing these with you will keep me motivated.

Professionally this year, I am hoping to pass the NCIDQ.  As a professional interior designer, this exam allows me to become licensed and will hopefully open up more career opportunities for me. I've been struggling the past few years with what direction I want for my career. Maybe this is what I need to find the next place I'm supposed to be.

I'm also considering starting my own design business, but the idea is very daunting to say the least. ( I have a name, but that's about it!)

Semi-professionally, I want this blog to grow and find it's own identity. I've set a goal to post more often, and to try to do more projects to share with you.

Personally,  this is the year I want to run in the Peachtree Road Race. I've done a few 10K races before, and really want to continue running and increase my endurance. Better times wouldn't hurt either.

Another goal is to continue building my savings and being fiscally responsible. I'm naturally a spender, not a saver, so it's hard for me to not shop, and to question why I'm buying something.

House-wise, I have SO MANY projects I'd like to get done.  Of course, that takes lots of money.  The short list:
Kitchen updates
Master bedroom renovation


Headboard: Lowe's Creative Ideas, Lamp: Pottery Barn, Chest: Little Green Notebook, Stool: Lamps Plus, Fabrics: Fabric.com, Blinds: Lowe's
 Work on the Fireplace
Exterior updates
Make green updates that will add value (I'm thinking new toilets, new hot water heater)


What are your goals for 2011? What advice do you have on sticking to your goals?

1 comment:

Got something to say? Let me know what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails