Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Girls' Beach Weekend and mini cakes

I am SO excited because this weekend I am going to see my lovely sister in Charleston! It is so great to have family in Charleston because I am absolutely totally in love with that city. The vibe, the architecture, the history, it just makes my little designer heart go pitter patter.

I love everything about this city. Drayton Hall, East Bay, South of Broad, all the antique stores, the FOOD!, being with my sister, the weather, the beach. I could go on and on.

There is definitely a reason I don't live there- I would NEVER get anything productive done!  So if Prince Charming is reading this out there somewhere, I would love to be Cinderella in a house on the Battery.

This weekend, we will be: eating fresh seafood, walking on the beach, and drinking lots of wine and gossiping. 

My sister made these cakes for her boyfriend's birthday.

Aren't they adorable! I want to make them in chocolate, with a raspberry filling and chocolate icing.

Then, I want to decorate them like this:

Photo courtesy of I Design

As shown on I Design

I think we'll be using modeling chocolate for both the background and the "monogram" since Sissy doesn't like to work with Fondant. But I LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea, and I think it would be so fun to bake together again!

Stay tuned for pictures from our weekend fun!

2 comments:

  1. aww thanks for featuring my cupcakes :) glad you liked them!

    your bio reminds me of me! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been to Charleston but would like to someday. Hope you had fun!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Let me know what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails