Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Random thoughts

It's been a busy weekend in my household! In addition to my Weekly Home Blessing, I worked on my bathroom renovation. It's not complete by a long shot, but every little bit makes me feel better. It's been frustrating to me, being an interior designer and not having a "perfect" house. I have this feeling my home should always look like a page from a magazine. But, I'm working on it slowly, and it is coming together!

The first place was my Master Bathroom. I have hated it from the moment I bought the place. So here's the renovation plan: scrape the ceiling to get the popcorn off! New paint, new vinyl tile floor, New door hardware, new towel bars and hooks, New lighting, and a new Vanity mirror. As I can afford it, I will replace the vanity, replace the closet doors, and add a nice closet organizing system. Here's a picture of the work in progress. Stay tuned for the reveal!


Also this weekend: Ran my first 10K! I was very nervous about running 6 miles, then on Wednesday night I turned my ankle and was concerned I wouldn't be able to race! But, Saturday morning I felt great, so I ran. I'm so proud of myself for finishing, and I kept to a pretty good pace. My time was 1:17:08.  I'm hoping to do as good at my next race,the Labor Day 10K Classic.


I also made a new recipe: Pumpkin Spice Cake. I got this recipe at my Weight Watchers meeting this week, and decided to try it, since I had a can of Pumpkin I need to use up.

It's really simple, and makes a really moist cake with the texture of a pound cake.  And it's YUMMY!!

Just three ingredients:
1 15-oz can pure Pumpkin
1 box Spice Cake Mix
1 tsp Vanilla

Preheat oven to 400. Mix together the ingredients. The mixture is VERY thick. Bake according to the package directions.


I put a powdered sugar glaze on top.


Update on Fly-ing with FlyLady.... Making progress on my routines. I have done a lot of cleaning out and organizing. I think I'm going to max out my Goodwill donations for the year! But Mom, I'm making my bed EVERY day. I know you thought that would never happen. And I'm still meal planning. And I'm picking out my outfit before bed, so I'm not having a wardrobe crisis every morning. So, still a ways to go, but definitely progress in the right direction.

This week: Bunco!, and a much-deserved pool day Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. got the ingredients for the pumpkin spice cake at the store this morning and will try to make it tonight. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a note about the Pumpkin Spice Cake- add extra spices since the Spice cake mix can be bland with all the pumpkin. Also, this is much better the next day.

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Let me know what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails